Sunday, January 25, 2009

I am thankful for Sunday.

Around my house Sunday is celebrated as the Sabbath Day. It is a day of rest that I look forward to all week. Not only do we all have the day off from school and work, but we get to worship together. We have been attending church together since our family began. What a joy it is to have the whole family together for our three-hour block meeting schedule.

We go to church on New Forest Road in Las Vegas, Nevada. We belong to The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. We are members of the Spring Valley Ward in the Lakes Stake. Being a part of a ward family brings friendship and security. We love seeing our friends and leaders each week. It is fun to share in each other's lives. I am so grateful to all the teachers and leaders that spend time preparing their lessons, talks, and music each Sunday. All of us benefit from this kind of preparation. It is impossible for me to sit through an entire church service and not feel gratitude to my Heavenly Father for all my blessings.

After our meetings our family enjoys coming home and relaxing together. Sunday dinner is always yummy, and we often visit with our extended family by telephone. Sunday is a nice break to an often busy and hectic week! Worshipping throughout the week through prayer and scripture study can make that Sunday feeling last. Sundays are something to be grateful for.

6 comments:

  1. Cheri...I feel the same about going to Church...the spirit is so awesome,and the lessons are fantastic conduits for the whisperings of messages just for everyone individually! I have the experiences of teaching the second Sunday lessons in Relief Society each month so I have the opportunity of learning more from them then the other gals. I really try to have the spirit work through me if I can... that makes it so I have to make myself more in tune ahead of time and during the time I teach. Lots of things I need to improve to do that. I also try to read my Sun. School lessons as well, and read the monthly Ensign too. My goal is to daily do more prayers consistantly, scripture reading, SS & RS lesson studying weekly, good book reading, journal writing, and self improvement stuff weekly. I know this is hefty goals...but line upon line, here alittle, there alittle. Love your blog. Have a good week! Love yah! Velma

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your blog mom :) Its always good to remember our blessings, You are one of my blessings, i am so happy to have you as my mother! You truly bless my life!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ok mom, you need some more updates! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes...updates!!! Missing in action here....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Cheri, my name is shauna jackson, I used to work with April at abc paint.I have lost track of her. I would love to find her once again. could you pass my email.on to her and maybe even email me so i could email you my phone number.Thanks so much Shauna

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh here is my email aubjenron@gmail.com if nothing else please tell her I love her and that I am so blessed because of her example. I was able to turn my whole life around with her kind simple ways. I pray you are all well. Shauna kinda air head. lol

    ReplyDelete