Sunday, December 13, 2009

I am thankful for my husband!


Don is the love of my life. How can it be that we have been together now for 16 years and my heart still skips a beat when I know he is coming home? What first attracted me was his love for me. What keeps me wanting more is my ever-growing love for him. I love his face and long to see it when he is away. I feel like I fall in love with him over and over again-each time reaching a deeper level of trust and devotion. His smile melts me. I want to be my very best self because doing so only improves our relationship. He notices every effort and cheers every success. His humility still attracts me. His honesty and fidelity only make me love and respect him more. He is the hardest working person I know. His work ethic is unsurpassed. He doesn't know the meaning of the word "quit". I think that is why we are still together. With 11 children and 5 grandchildren between us, he never gives up on any of us. His love for God and His commandments drives his actions. I am so lucky to be with a man that cares enough to forgive and try again and again. Happy 60th birthday, Sweetheart! I'm so glad you're mine!

2 comments:

  1. so sweet! he is a great man! we love him!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you have the exact same name as me! Sorry, I found you at cherigarner.com because I wanted to see what would be on a website with my name. I was interested by discovering that you are Mormon and live in Las Vegas because so are my grandparents who also live in Las Vegas. Do you happen to know Warren and Gail Garner? My father is the oldest of their seven children. Anyway, I hope I didn't creep you out! I just thought it was neat what we have in common.

    ReplyDelete