Saturday, August 29, 2009

I am thankful for the support from my corner!

Have you ever heard someone say, "I am in your corner"? Well, let me tell you whose in mine. I have always felt surrounded with people who love me. As a young girl growing up in Connecticut, I was loved and nurtured in a loving and supportive home. Every success was cheered and every disappointment shared. I really don't know any different. I believe any good thing that happens to me is celebrated by my corner. Experience has taught me that not everyone grows up with such an advantage nor do all individuals enjoy this comfort throughout the duration of their lives. As I have reflected on that reality time and time again, I feel a growing appreciation for those near and far that touch my life in such positive ways.

Mom and Dad stand tall in my corner. They are always a phone call away. Even now living almost 400 miles away, I feel their unconditional love and support. When there is good news to report I can't wait to tell them. In my deepest, darkest moments their love finds me and lifts me whether I speak with them or not.

My husband is my loudest cheerleader! He always notices my improvements and acknowledges my victories. Even when he is on the road, sometimes for weeks at a time, I hear his encouraging words in my ear. He always pushes me to be my best self. He reassures me of his love and challenges me to strive for excellence. His acceptance and love is a great motivation in my life.

My brothers and sisters are always there for me like a giant safety net. Their unfailing love and friendship provides comfort and reassurance in my life. They know me so well and are quick to compliment and provide wise counsel.

My extended family is like a huge fan club. I know they are concerned about my welfare. Grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins, in laws, etc. are sweet and loving. I know they care and their love penetrates time and miles.

My children are the most interesting people in my corner. I guess that is because I spend so much time sitting in their corner that I am often surprised when they enter mine. How sweet their love and concern is to me. It is like a special gift. Their words of kindness, concern, and love echo through my mind in a repetition that seems to exponentially enlarge me. It gives me an extra boost and pushes me to work harder. My love for them soars as I savor the love they give back to me.

All in all, my corner is crowded. Not only with family members but devoted friends, neighbors, church members, and tender young students. Add to that my loving Savior, I am overwhelmed at the blessings of having a supportive corner. I only hope I can reciprocate all the kindnesses I feel have been given to me. Life is not easy for any of us, but I feel like I have the advantage when I focus on the love from so many that remind me who I am and what I can accomplish. Thanks so much to all those who take the time to love me, forgive me, comfort me, and cheer me on. I am truly never alone.

1 comment:

  1. Hello, My name is Kati Garner Campbell, I live in Ripley, TN and I was wondering if i may be kin to you. My father was Vern Garner deceased and his sister is Vera Garner still living she was his twin. They were from Webber Utah. My grandmother was Gladys Garner/deceased. I have many relatives i've never met and i'm interested in talking to you my email is kcdc1208@aol.com if you would like to send me an email i'd appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete